Submission of the article
- Submission of all materials is carried out electronically through the E-submission System, in which the author must register (questions and inquieries via email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Upon registration, please, pay attention to the correct and detailed filling of all fields. It is highly appreciated if you provide your SCOPUS ID, ORCID and other identifiers. They serve the unambiguous identification of authors and their publications and help avoid the creation of several profiles for one and the same authors.
- After registration in the electronic editorial system the personal profile of the author is automatically generated. There you need to upload the article in the “My articles” menu. All interaction with the editor and reviewers is via the E-submission System in the “Discussion” field.
- Before submitting an article, please, make sure that it meets all the requirements of the journal. Articles not corresponding to the requirements for structure and content are not accepted for consideration.
- After the article submission to the electronic editorial system there is an initial check by the editor for agreement with the journal guidelines. If In case of their violation the article might be sent to the author for revision or rejected. If the article content does not fit the subject-areas of Technology and Language, if the paper appears to be wholly or partly plagiarized or a duplicate publication, the paper will be returned to the author. There will be reasons given and the author can respond in the "Discussion" field on the article page.
- If the article passes initial review, the editors will appoint two or more scientific reviewers. The peer-review system is “single-blind”, that is, the author of the article doesn't know the reviewer‘s identity.
- Based on the results of the review, the author will be asked to revise and submit a final draft which may be subject to further review.
After acceptance of a final manuscript, the editors assign the article to the next available issue, notifying the author of the publication issue, DOI, and timing.
The editors oversee the single-blind peer-review process for all articles considered for publication. Peer review is carried out by invited reviewers. The whole process takes place through the E-submission system. Peer-review is single-blind review, i.e., authors declare their names and affiliations in the manuscript for the reviewers to see, but reviewers do not know each other's identities, nor do the authors receive information about who has reviewed their manuscript.
The standard period for the preparation of a review is two weeks. Please, remember that the work of reviewers is carried out on a voluntary basis, therefore the review period depends on their availability and may take longer.
Based on the review, the reviewer chooses one of the possible conclusions:
- send for revision (after the author revises and resubmits, it is subject to further review);
Usually, the editor appoints two scientific reviewers per article. If the opinions and recommendations of the reviewers diverge, the editors may invite additional reviewers.
When resubmitting a revised article, the author should indicate how the reviewers’ suggestions were integrated, including an explanation why other suggestions were not taken up. For feedback to reviewers and editors use the field “Discussion” on the article page. The standard deadline for revisions is two weeks after receiving the comments. If you need more time for corrections, please, inform the editorial staff on the article page.
In addition to the article, the author must submit a signed license agreement. The document can be provided after the article is accepted for publication.
There is no fee for submission, consideration, peer review or publication process. All publishing expenses are covered by the Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University. There is no embargo period.